Spring is just around the corner! And there’s no time like the present to get up and make a change. Almost over are the long gloomy days and dark nights of winter, and we’re soon to welcome spring- synonymous with new change, fresh starts, lighter evenings and warmer weather. When it comes to spring, we start to change everything about ourselves- our wardrobe, our activities, our attitudes- so why not change out of the home and give it a refresh? Here at We Buy Any House, we have compiled our top tips on how to spring clean your home.
Spring Cleaning Tips to Carry Out in Every Room:
Although each room in your home may require a little bit of specialised TLC, there are certainly overall jobs that need to be carried out across all the rooms in your home. These are some of the biggest chores, so it’s a good idea to give yourself plenty of time to get going with each of them, so that it doesn’t feel like too much of an overwhelming task.
- Ensuring that all ceiling fans and light fixtures are dusted.
- Clean all windowsills and tracks from bacteria and dust.
- Vacuum the floor and skirting boards.
- Test all of the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in your home.
- Disinfect all light switches and handles.
How to Spring Clean Your Kitchen:
Your kitchen is the room that harbours the most bacteria second to your bathroom. Therefore, it’s important to make sure that it’s free of any harmful bacteria. Here are a few tips to spring clean your kitchen:
- Empty the crumb tray from your toaster and in the toaster oven.
- Wipe down any appliances with anti-bacterial wipes.
- Empty out your fridge and discard of any things that have gone to waste, and then bleach the inside of your fridge and sanitise the shelved and drawers.
- Sanitise your sink area and where your pots and cutlery sit on the rack- as this can massively collect bacteria.
- Deep clean inside your oven as grease can generate and it can be hard to do.
How to Spring Clean Your Bedroom:
When it comes to your bedroom, it’s a good idea put down fresh sheets on your bed, and dispose of any old cabinet junk and medicines that you have lying around in your bedroom. Additionally, it’s a good idea to get rid of any clothes you don’t intend on keeping for the new season and donate them.
How to Clean Your Outdoors:
As the season changes, it’s a good idea to begin prepping your outdoor area. Start by removing all the furniture you want from your garage, and sprucing up the area and freeing it of leaves and unwanted plants.
This article was written by a quick house sale company We Buy Any House. If you’re wondering “how can I sell my house fast?”, head to the We Buy Any House reviews page for more information relating to all property related enquiries.