What if mobile app development companies in London told you that there is an easy way to increase your sales, strengthen your customer base, and give your product a boost? Everything is possible by creating a mobile app for your online store.
For app development, you need to hire a mobile app development company in London to fulfill your app requirements according to your business needs.
Today, eCommerce apps are taking over the market, gaining more users and making more profits. And for good reason.
The number of users who prefer to shop on mobile devices is growing steadily, further strengthening the need for the development of mobile eCommerce.
This will show that many online consumers appreciate the benefits of mobile apps.
Given the positive advances in mobile e-commerce, there is an approaching turning point: it is likely that mobile devices will outpace tables as advanced devices for online marketing. Seeing that numerous nations are continuing a similar way, the significance of mobile applications for online retailers is obvious.
Why should you need an e-Commerce mobile app?
With all of the above statistics, you may have wondered why customers turn to mobile apps when shopping online. What distinguishes the feeling of mobile shopping from experience in the desktop or mobile browser? Let’s understand what attracts users to e-commerce apps and why you should consider building your own online store.
Reason #1 Customers prefer apps to mobile browsers
The benefits of mobile apps by looking at responsive websites accessible to mobile browsers have been challenged many times. Undoubtedly the height of apps over browsers: 78% of users surveyed said they would prefer to use a mobile app rather than access a store through a mobile browser.
This preference for mobile apps is not surprising. Ecommerce apps are very easy to use when shopping, especially if you do not make a single visit to an online store. First, there is no need to remember the URL and log in to access the store. Also, the programs offer better security and speed compared to the mobile browser.
But the decline in visits to online stores in browsers is not the only reason you have built an e-commerce app in your store.
Reason #2 eCommerce mobile applications support client faithfulness
People who decide to download your mobile app initially show a high level of investment in your product. They are ready to buy, while visitors to mobile sites are more likely to reach your store to view details or to view contact information. What’s more, clients go through three or four hours longer on applications than on desktop sites and access them intentionally.
Imagine this: by having your online store icon on their phones, customers are more likely to consider ordering you. Your store is the one that will come out of their heads when they think about their next purchase because reminders are always there working at the subconscious level.
Let’s look at ways in which you can increase customer loyalty and customer retention through the mobile app:
- Personalization. Utilize the data your clients give in the application for your potential benefit. You can let your users customize their experience in your store, for example with the right features and relevant suggestions based on previous purchases.
- Push notifications. Use app notifications to communicate with your customers. Let them know about sales and special offers or let them know when the items they want to come back from stock. Make notifications friendly by informing your users by name.
- Exclusive content. Use offers that are only available through your mobile app – for example, limited deals or special rates for app users.
- Rewards system. You can encourage your customers to keep coming back through a loyalty program. It can be in the form of points that can be used to get a free item or a big discount, first access to a new collection, or bonuses on future purchases.
- Advanced support. Good customer support goes a long way. Build up solid communication 24/7 between your store and your clients. Clients ought to have the option to tackle their concerns in the application through live chat or chatbot as opposed to changing to the desktop version.
Reason #3 Reduced response time
The time needed for a mobile application to finish an activity is a lot more limited than for a website that the applications store their information marginally on the cell phone. Although applications connect to servers as websites do, there are ten times more data transferred between a server and a mobile app than between a server and a browser. Additionally, users are able to set their default preferences in applications, allowing the app to upload only the content the customer wants. This allows users to be more efficient and save time.
Reason #4 Enhanced UX
When they find a site, users expect easy navigation so they can find what they are looking for. Mobile applications are systematically limited, which can play in your hand.
To be more precise, the fact that mobile screens do not allow inappropriate buttons and banners in your store layout can lead to a more satisfying user experience. The lack of distraction will help your customers get to the exit faster and come back more often as they will remember how easy it is to shop in your e-commerce app.
You can hire a mobile app development company in London to make custom designs of mobile apps for your business according to what you need. Accurate and simple, filters are randomly assigned and accessible when needed, and users can easily view saved items by clicking the heart button at the top right.
Reason #5 Increased conversion rates
Online business application change rates are multiple times higher than mobile and desktop sites. Likewise, clients who enter your store through the application are bound to see 4.6 times however many items as they would on their mobile browsers because of the showcase of redid things. Finally, the normal request average in applications is 140% and 130% higher than mobile sites and desktop sites separately.
Reason #6 Engagement with phone’s inbuilt features
Did you know that you can use your customer’s devices to your advantage? Features on users’ phones can be integrated with your app to increase customer engagement and make it easier to navigate.
- GPS allows the app to pinpoint the user’s location. You can bring feature geotags customer addresses, which can eliminate the need to enter shipping information manually. Additionally, if users are looking for a real store location you can direct them to the nearest store and check the availability of items.
- You can give users the option to specify the words they want to simplify the search process.
- Many websites allow customers to share photos of purchased items and upload them to store social media accounts through apps. This allows you to display products in real life, which can greatly increase your chances of successful marketing.
Reason #7 Lower your mobile shopping cart rates
The biggest problem in e-commerce is the abandonment of the shopping cart. It’s one thing to persuade customers to put things in their carts, and quite another thing to lead them to complete the exit. Baymard found that the median average purchase price is 69.23%. There are many ways to combat these problems within your e-commerce store, but you can also significantly reduce the number of customers leaving by building an e-commerce app.
Mobile applications have very low drop-off rates due to the simplified exit process. Shipping and payment details are stored within the system, allowing users to complete a purchase with a single click. This enables customers to get out quickly without unnecessary interruptions.
In addition, users do not stop shopping when they reach the store to browse without knowing what they need. The desktop version of your website promotes this behavior in addition to the mobile apps it does. It is possible that customers who access your store through the app make up their own minds and are not ready to buy.
Let’s break down the typical shopping cart statistics. At the same time, mobile websites show a very bad trend, with 97% of shopping carts left. Now look at mobile app ratings: only 20% of purchases are not complete in apps.
Reason #8 Higher average order value
a But let’s get back to the point about conversion, and especially the average order amount. The reason for this is a combination of all the points mentioned in this article.
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly what motivates customers to spend more money on your store, but we can include decision-making points:
- Push notifications let users know when there are sales and special deals or when their items are back in stock. Notifications make your customers remember your store, and if they are well-designed, they attract you back to your app.
- One-click ordering. The simplicity of your app layout makes exiting easy. Give your customers the option to complete their purchase with one button. This works great with returning users who are familiar with your store process and will not hesitate to buy from you
- Easy payment. Give your customers the opportunity to choose between payment methods. If they are paying with a credit card, do not have them add details to each purchase, but let them add a card to speed up the transaction. PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Wallet are gaining instant popularity from serious mobile app users.
- PRO TIP: If you’re going for an eCommerce website then do check out Magento Hosting
It is not easy to make your e-commerce store very successful, but you should seize every opportunity that can bring you closer to your business goals. Once you have considered all the reasons for allowing you to create your own e-commerce mobile store, you can decide if it works well for you.